Hospital Lusíadas Porto
1. Graduated as a nutritionist in 2002 in the Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences of the University of Porto.
2. Conducted an academic internship 2001/2002 at Hospital São Joaquim - Hospital Beneficência Portuguesa, São Paulo, Brazil, integrated in the Support Group for Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition (GANEP).
3. In 2003 made the ESPEN Advanced Course in Clinical Nutrition held in Maastricht and Bonn.
4. Post-Graduation in 2003 in Clinical Nutrition Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition promoted by GANEP , São Paulo Brazil.
5. Master’s Degree in 2007 in Clinical Nutrition with a thesis in the area of nutritional support in Intensive Care by the Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences of the University of Porto.
6. Took several courses, national and international (ESPEN, ASPEN, APNEP), to update in the area of Nutritional Support in Intensive Care and Surgery.
7. Currently and since April of 2004, nutritionist at the Hospital Lusiadas Porto responsible for the UCI and surgical patients.
8. From November 2004 to May 2007 head nutritionist in the Intensive Care Service of Hospital S. João, EPE.
9. In 2004-2014 principal investigator in the field of clinical nutrtion at the Intensive Care Service of Hospital de São João.
10. In 2009-2011 professor responsible of the metabolism discipline in the Postgraduate Course of Emergency and Intensive Care.
11. In 2012-2014 collaborated as an invited professor in the Medical School in Master´s Course of Clinical Nutrition.
12. Since 2013 professor of the discipline Artificial Nutrition in CESPU, in the course Nutritional Sciences.
13. Since 2019 is collaborating as an invited professor in the Nova Medical School in Master´s Course of Human Nutrition and Metabolism.
14. Professor certified by the European Society of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition.
15. Still in this area, held several conferences at national congresses and was a lecturer in various training actions in the area of nutritional support, namely in the critical and surgical patient.
16. First author of several publications and clinical research papers in the area of nutritional support in Intensive Care presented at national and international scientific meetings.
17. Author of the Portuguese Guidelines for Nutritional Therapy of the Patient with Covid infection. (https://www.dgs.pt/normas-orientacoes-e-informacoes/orientacoes-e-circulares-informativas/orientacao-n-0212020-de-06042020-pdf.aspx ).
18. In April 2008, was awarded the 1st Clinical Nutrition Research Prize by Fresenius Kabi at the 10th annual APNEP congress.
19. Member of the Portuguese Association of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition.
20. Member of the European Society of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition.
21. Member of the Infection and Sepsis Group at Hospital de São João.